Hyatt announced that the Chicago Tribune has ranked Hyatt and its Chicagoland hotels as the number five workplace in Chicago. This distinction is the third year the company, which is headquartered downtown, has ranked in the top six on the list of “Top 100 Workplaces” of large companies in the Chicagoland area. The list is determined through a survey of employees from more than 250 local companies. Individual Chicago-area Hyatt hotels have been recognized in past years in the midsize and small categories for being a top employer, but this is the third year that all Hyatt locations are being recognized together by the Chicago Tribune.
With the company’s global headquarters located downtown, seven Chicagoland Hyatt hotels, and more than 3,800 Hyatt colleagues who live and work in the region, Hyatt is very proud of this achievement, which was a direct result of Hyatt colleagues sharing their workplace experience in a survey the Chicago Tribune coordinated. In the survey findings, Hyatt colleagues commented on Hyatt’s strong values and ethics, positive and supportive management team, clear communications they receive, quality job training, and excellent pay and benefits.
“Our colleagues are the core of what makes Hyatt a great place to work and, in turn, a preferred place for our guests to stay. Their wellbeing is paramount to the success of our business because, quite simply our business is all about people,” said Robb Webb, chief human resources officer, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “Building true emotional connections amongst our team and with our guests is what makes Hyatt not only a top workplace, but also a top destination for travelers.”
In addition to Hyatt’s corporate office, Hyatt hotels included in the honor this year are Hyatt Regency Chicago, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Park Hyatt Chicago, The Hyatt Lodge, Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates, Hyatt Place Chicago/Itasca, and Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard/Oak Brook.
Strong Record of Workplace Recognition
Hyatt hotels consistently are recognized as leaders in promoting a nurturing, positive and diverse workplace environments. Hyatt has received some of the most prestigious workplace distinctions in recent years, including:
- FORTUNE® named Hyatt to its “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in the U.S. for the first time in 2014, based significantly on the results of a Hyatt associate survey.
- Hyatt was named to the “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®” in 2014. The annual list honors 25 companies that have been recognized by their employees as an organization that fosters creativity, trust and camaraderie.
- Glassdoor.com named Hyatt to its “Top 50 Best Places to Work” list in 2014, based on reviews by Hyatt associates.
- Human Rights Campaign named Hyatt as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality” for the tenth consecutive year in 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and experience.com have named Hyatt as a desired employer for recent graduates and young professionals. AARP has named Hyatt a top employer for older Americans.
- Hispanic Business Magazine and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) recognized Hyatt for its hiring of Hispanic and African-American associates.
- Hyatt hotels in Europe made their debut in 2014 on the “Top Multinational Workplaces in Europe” list.
- Hyatt hotels ranked as top workplaces in the U.K., U.A.E., France, Germany and India
Showing Hospitality to Our Colleagues
In addition to a culture of mutual respect, intellectual honesty, integrity, innovation and creativity, Hyatt hotels offer benefits for their associates inspired by the hospitality they show to guests, including:
- Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- Free or subsidized meals during work hours served in associate dining rooms
- A wide variety of wellness programs and fitness activities, like yoga, Zumba, and kickboxing classes, at hotels to help associates stay energized and healthy
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive wage and benefits package with paid holidays and vacation
Hyatt’s corporate office and Hyatt branded hotels in the Chicagoland area are currently seeking to fill approximately 40 open positions. All opportunities are available at http://hyatt.jobs, and more information about careers at Hyatt is available at www.facebook.com/hyattcareers and on Twitter @hyattcareers. A dedicated Veterans job site is also available at hyatt-veterans.jobs/.
You’re more than welcome at Hyatt Regency O’Hare, 9300 Bryn Mawr Ave, Rosemont, IL; +1 847 696 1234.